Friday, March 6, 2009

Don't Worry Be Happy~!

When Jan and I went to Jamaica a few years ago to teach at a Conference. The Jamaican's would say,
"Don't Worry" " Be Happy" with a GREAT big smile on their faces. They don't ever get in a hurry. As we were driving back into town to catch our plane looking up in the sky wondering IF that's our plane we should be on. The Bishop looked in the side few mirror at me and said First Lady," Don't Worry" " Be Happy"! He must have saw the look of fear on my face. At that moment. I had to wonder what would it be like not to ever worry. You don't have to look very far to know that we are living in difficult times. The news will make it easy for us to be tempted to worry and forget the promises of God. BUT in times like these, it is important for you to keep your mind stayed on the Lord and His promises to us.

"My God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus"(Phil 4:19) "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."(Phil 4:13).
Although you are standing on the Word, you are also wringing your hands walking the floors not being able to sleep, wondering If things are going to get any better. How are you going to pay your bills? Many Christian would never admit that they worry instead they will say I'm concerned. My son Tony told me one time that "being concerned" is just a charismatic word for worry. LOL

That's so true. To tell the truth, stress and worry have become a way of life for many-- even for Christians. You allow worry to consume your thoughts instead of keeping your mind stayed on the Lord, and what He has called you to do. You will never accomplish what God has called you to do with worry.I don't want to clutter my mind on things that I can't do anything about. It can be a tough baggage to shed. At times it can even be hard to quiet your mind. (I had to really work on that yesterday). But we are promised peace when you keep your mind on Jesus. Isaiah 16:3 says "Thou wilt keep me in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Paul in the bible had an opportunity to worry. But instead, he chose to keep his mind stayed on the Lord to put on the garment of praise and magnify God no matter what he had to go through.
I know it's hard to do that when everything is falling apart around you. But the words says to put on a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.
In Philippians 4:4-7
says: to rejoice in the lord always and again I say rejoice. Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is at hand. It goes on to say, be careful for nothing but in every thing by prayer-and petition with thanksgiving let your request be made known unto God. And I like this verse, And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard you hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
When Paul was facing execution he had lot's to worry about. BUT he refused to be anxious and to worry. He rejoiced in the Lord.
So be like the Jamaican people "Don't Worry" " Be Happy"
In Isaiah 63:3 it says; When we rejoice in the Lord, we will have strength, peace, and happiness-no matter what the situation looks like. We don't have to worry about anything.
We only need to keep our eyes fixed on the Lord. And He will bring us through!

Make It A Good Day!

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. Keeping our minds on Jesus is the key! When our thoughts roam, it just creates worry and stress. Staying focused is hard... but so worth it! =) Love ya my friend. Can't wait to see you at retreat!

    ReplyDelete